Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Random Vacation Pics

DRINKS
On of the things you just have to do when on vacation is to order cocktails (virgin, of course!) at least once...and what's better than ordering drinks at a swim up bar?!

Pina Colada for me!
and a strawberry daiquiri for Kevin!


TUBING
Another must do is to sample the local water sport/activities available...my choice?
TUBING!! I know that to many of you, this is just something your family does routinely when you go out on your boat, but to me (non-boat family) it was so much fun that I had to go twice! I got to go once with Kevin, bumper boat style, and then once solo as Kevin had an ear infection(a story for another blog post) and could not go :(

please excuse my lack of gracefulness in ALL of these pictures!
By this point, I'd figured out that the driver of the boat was tenaciously trying to flip me and I was trying my best to stay afloat! And I even got some pretty good air!
But alas, I was no match to the experienced driver who flipped me...twice
Even with Kevin in the boat telling the driver that I fell off the tube, it took him longer than what should have been necessary to figure out I was missing! (Where's Leslie?)

She's okay!
FREE DINNER
In order to get $125 in Marriott gift certificates, Kevin and I sat through their timeshare presentation...and it was totally worth it! We used the certificates to go to a restaurant WAY out of our price range and it was delicious. If you are ever in Aruba, take my advice and go to the Screaming Eagle restaurant - you won't regret it! I had Indonesian short ribs and Kevin had Salmon with an amazing hollandaise sauce and it was soooo good! Even their creme brulee was Divine (I am kind of a creme brulee snob)! But the best part of the meal was definitely the price - thanks Marriott for the delightful meal!!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Reading this makes me want to be in Aruba now. Looks like so much fun! P.s. I love the tubing pictures.

Crawford Family said...

I LOVE marriott time share presentations. Since they have that no preassure garuntee. We totally did it in Hawaii and got a butt load of points and got to stay at their time shares for free! When we told them we were going to Law school and couldn't afford it they simply said good luck and come back when you're a lawyer at a big firm haaa jokes on them suckas!

Valerie said...

So fun! Your bathing suit looks way cute in the picture of you at the bar; I want to see the whole thing!