Family Picture

Family Picture

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake...

What happens when there is only ONE grandbaby on both sides of a family and that grandbaby turns ONE? You all get together and feverishly take pictures of that poor child as he eats cake ...and then all leave before the baby gets sick!

Well, on Aug. 27th we celebrated Cody's big day with Elmo hats and cake!

Playing with his new toys
Kevin and I obediently wore our hats
(please just overlook that I put mine on backwards...I swear, sometimes they should just put a helmet on me!)
Or maybe thy should save the helmets for these guys!
Thoughts from Cody:
Why is everyone staring at me and why is Aunt Leslie taking 50 pictures a minute? Why did mom and dad give me a whole cake when I normally don't get sugar at all. Must be a trick...I think I'll just poke at the cake to make sure it's real...



Time for the taste test...

Oh baby! That's real cake! And it's ALL MINE!!
Of course, that doesn't mean I have to be a pig or anything...I can eat like a little gentleman!

Who am I kidding? That's freaking awesome cake!

I am going for it!

Hands free eating... oh yeah!

What are YOU all staring at?

The End

PS - A special thanks to Tracy for bringing this little guy into the world!

1 comment:

Mike said...

That was great! Loved the insight into Cody's psyche. :) How crazy that he's already one year old?!? What a cutie!