Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Beach!

While we were in California, we were able to go the beach 3 times. The first time, it was cloudy and chilly, so I stayed out of the water with Stacie and read while Kevin went boogie boarding. The waves were pretty mild (green flag was raised) and he had a really good time.



The next time we went, the weather was more cooperative with slightly warmer weather and fewer clouds. However, the lifeguard flag that was raised was the yellow flag, meaning the currents were a little stronger and the waves bigger. Kevin went boogie boarding this time as well, however, I again opted to read on the sand.



The third time we went, the sky was clear blue and it was HOT and as luck would have it, the flag was red (BIG waves and a strong rip current). Kevin AGAIN braved the water and I followed suit thinking that this would be the last chance to boogie board with him for a while. It was like being in a river, the current was so strong! We had fun anyway!

1 comment:

Crawford Family said...

ohhhh I LOVE boogie boarding. As long as you have a good board. IN Myrtle Beach we only had crappy ones that sank in the middle... no fun. I am jealous you had so much time at the beach!