Family Picture

Family Picture

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ode to "Dried Plums" (aka Prunes)

After a couple of really depressing posts (sorry about that!) I would like to brighten things up a little bit, get a little goofy, and tell you all about one of my new favorite things.

Thanks to an introduction by my friend Elizabeth, me and my new beau the Sunsweet Dried Plum have lived happily ever after in a less than symbiotic relationship - I promise the happiness is ALL mine! A smile comes to my face every time I open each individually wrapped fruit gem and bite into its chewy yet juicy goodness and swallow it practically whole. I purchase the sweet little darlings as often as I can and usually devour them in less than 24 hours.

Now, all of this talk might conjure up some sort of memory about a commercial with two old ladies talking about their digestive systems and how all they need to be regular is to eat some prunes. Let me clarify, these are not your grandmother's prunes...these are pitted dried plums (that's what it says on the label!) and they are absolutely delish! I promise if you like dried fruit, you'll love them (but probably not as much as me!)

So, in honor of one of my new favorite things, I present an Ode to Dried Plums (please forgive my hamminess...I was alone and slightly bored!):









The end!!










No comments: