Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, October 3, 2008

Lunch with Kevin

I hope this doesn't embarrass Kevin too completely, but I have to take a minute and brag about what a wonderful husband I have! Three times a week, Kevin brings me lunch and eats with me at my office. I look forward to my lunches with him every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday because I know that not only will Kevin have prepared us a fabulous meal, but I get to spend time with my favorite person in the world (too lovey-dovey?).

Kevin doesn't do anything halfway! All of his lunches are fantastic and range from grilled cheese and ham sandwiches (for which he apologizes because he thinks they are too simple) to shrimp cocktail, spinach dip in bread bowls, and driving to Richmond (130 miles round trip) to buy me Panda Express (oh the lengths we go to get some orange chicken around here!).

Kevin always tries to surprise me with little things and today I have to hand it to him! When Kevin brought me lunch yesterday (Quizno's sandwiches - yum!) I whined that I wanted ice cream. Acting like Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I complained that I wanted ice cream (I love ice cream in the afternoon...and at night...well, anytime, really!) and I wanted it now. Well, not only was there ice cream in the house when I got home, but it made a special appearance at today's lunch. After eating leftovers from dinner last night, Kevin said that he had a surprise for me and pulled out a coffee mug. Thinking that he had brought me hot chocolate because it was chilly today, I grabbed the cup and quickly realized that it was COLD and could only be ICE CREAM!! He brought me ice cream in an insulated coffee mug - how cute is that? Of course, I could only start crying - I tell you, it's the little things that get me!

He loves me too well sometimes! I know I don't always deserve him (like when I am whining about ice cream), but I am glad that he thinks I do! I can go on and on about the wonderful things he does and the delicious lunches he brings me, but I just want him to know that I love him and appreciate all that he does for me.

I love you, Babe!

4 comments:

Nora said...

that is such a nice story--it reminds me of when adam and i were undergrads and we'd eat at one of the university cafeterias as many days as we could manage. he'd add on chocolates and smoothies every once in a while, which were such a nice treat. so i feel you on the small things, leslie:)

Olivia Jewell said...

That's really sweet of him, and it's sweet of you to post it. It helps those of us who read it reflect and think about those same type of things we can be grateful for from our hubby's.
PS I can't believe that he drives that far for fast food Chinese, you guys are crazy-- that like quintouples the cost of the meal!!!

Unknown said...

Aw, he's so good to you! You're a lucky gal!

Karen said...

So sweet!