Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, October 20, 2008

Give My Regards to Broadway!

Random Picture time!
After months of trying, Kevin and I were unable to get tickets to Conan O'Brian (he wasn't filming that weekend...how dare he!), so we had to satisfy ourselves by taking a tour of NBC Studios instead. I would definitely recommend it! We were able to see the studios for the nightly news, Conan O'Brian, and SNL! It was really cool!

After our tour of NBC Studios, Kevin and I stopped into Magnolia Bakery (made famous in the SNL bit Lazy Sunday) to "mack on some cupcakes." Let me tell you, biting into a $3 cupcake should have been a life altering experience, but Kevin and I both agreed that our good friend Kelly Crawford makes MUCH better cupcakes...thanks for showing us all that a cupcake could be, Kelly!
You're looking at almost $20 in cupcakes...this, of course, we didn't realize until we checked out. I hate it when they don't post prices and when I make assumptions like a "a cupcake can't cost that much...we don't need to ask the price"
Just down the way from NBC Studios is CBS Studios where the Late Show films
We went to see Phantom of the Opera...my third time (I am such a girl...who doesn't have a secret crush on the Phantom?) and Kevin's first...we loved it!

Toys R' Us Times Square

Did I mention that I ran into Johnny Depp while in New York?I never did get a Barbie dreamhouse!
Kevin and I ate dinner one night at Carnegie Deli...I didn't know what it was, but I guess a bunch of famous people like to eat there because the walls are literally covered in celebrity autographs!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I've been meaning to call you guys and get the NY update. I'm SO jealous! What a fun trip! How are you guys doing? We miss you!

Crawford Family said...

Woo hoo! Thanks Kev for making my day! You can always expect cupcakes from me!How was the carnegie deli I have also heard of it but didn't really know what it is...

Jessica and Reece said...

Oh how I adore NYC, and oh how I love the Grady's!

Lindsey Bell said...

I'm so jealous! It looks like you had so fun! I want to go!

Nora said...

ha! carnegie deli--if you don't like mountains of meat on your huge sandwich, spend $20 on lunch somewhere else. unless you loved the experience and would do it again any day, like me:)