Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Drum Roll Please!

Colin's going to be a big brother!

I am about 18 weeks and we just found out that we're having...


a GIRL!!!

Grady...party of 4?  We will have children?  As in, more than one?  PLURAL?  CRAZY!!  I mean, I've known for a while, but knowing the gender makes it more than a baby...this is our daughter and Colin's little sister.  

I'm a little sister, but I was blessed with TWO awesome older brothers.  Maybe I needed extra watching over! 

So, you may wonder if we had any feelings one way or the other.  I was on the fence about it, to be honest.  Another boy would be so simple because we have all the boy stuff already AND it is going to be the same season when baby 2  is born.  BUT, I thought that it would be so much fun to have a little girl, too.  A boy could play with Colin, but so can his sister.  

Kevin, on the other hand, was convinced she was a she from the very beginning.  It was so cute, actually, when he told me.  We were in the middle of saying prayer before bed and after we said "amen," Kevin exclaims "It's a girl!!"  He said he felt strongly during the prayer that our little bean was a girl and he's been sticking to it ever since.  

In case you were keeping track, Kevin is now two for two!  After I announced to my family the gender (which we just found out about this morning), my brother Steve sent a text back that says to never doubt Kevin.  I don't think I can, now!  And yes, Kevin was a little smug about it!!

So there you have it!  Expect to see a possibly redheaded little Grady girl around Thanksgiving time!

We couldn't be more excited!    

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats guys!!! So fun! It is wonderful to have one of each. You are just curious you know what each would look like! Plus, um, shopping for girls is AWESOME ha! Sending a big hug your way!

Desirae said...

Congratulations! I was just looking over the primary roster you sent out and was going to mention something about it.

Unknown said...

This is such awesome news! Congrats!

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Yeah! Glad the cat's out of the bag and so fun to know that it's a girl! Girls are awesome! But, considering I am about to have a boy I have to assume that they are awesome too.
So excited to have cousins SO close in age!

Karen said...

Yay!!! We're so excited for you guys!

Michelle said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!! I'm glad you had such a nice trip in Hawaii.

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Congrats! That is so exciting...