Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What Would YOU Say?

Yesterday I went to Walmart to get most of the Thanksgiving groceries...it must have been senior discount day or something because I was stopped by no less than 5 old people who wanted to poke and coo at Colin.  

Anyway, one of the encounters was a little strange:

Old Lady:  Oh he is so cute!  Where does he get his red hair?

Me: Well, my husband doesn't have red hair and I don't have red hair, so I...

Old Lady: (interrupting me) SHAME ON YOU tsk tsk!

Me: (shocked that she is insinuating that I have had extra-marital relations and the fact that she is like 70 years old AND insinuating that I cheated on my husband)  Uhhh, well, my husband is Irish so we are pretty sure it comes from his line...

Old Lady: Hmmm...



And then she walked away!

WHAT THE HECK???  


What would you have said?

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I would have played that up!!! I get asked that about Courtney, "Where did the blonde hair come from" Ryan and I have started saying that "from her biological dad" HAHAHA Ryan has gotten some really funny looks from people at his work. They then feel very embarassed that they said anything at all.

Wilkerson Weekly said...

Wow! We get comments sometimes because Luke has brown eyes, and neither Jared or I do. But no one has ever gone beyond teasing...

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Your stories about Colin's red hair and people's comments will never cease to amaze me.
Honestly, I don't know what I would have said in the moment. Of course every good comeback comes to mind after the fact.
Was she joking? I can only assume so but after some of your other red hair tales, I don't dare assume the best in people anymore :)

Cindy said...

Just give 'me the finger ha ha J/K