Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cliff Jumping at Rick's Cafe

Right before our trip, we saw a special on the Travel Channel about the top 10 Caribbean hot spots and one of them happened to be in Negril, Jamaica!  Rick's Cafe is a bar/restaurant sitting on top of a jagged cliff with the most amazing blue water beneath.  

You just can't help but want to jump!

Well, locals do fancy/crazy/stupid cliff dives for tips (they are quite annoyingly relentless in the collection).   These Jamaicans are crazy, I tell you!  Anyway, everyone is welcome to jump so while Kevin was jumping, I took the pictures!


This is pre-jump...he's only a little bit nervous!

Kevin jumped first from a 10 ft drop and explored the cave with his "personal lifeguard" (anyway for these guys to get a tip!)

Jumping at 25 ft

And at 35 ft

Notice the ledge 80 ft in the air?  The "Bird Man" waits until he collects $20 in tips and then he flies!
  
Like I said - CRAZY!

 


The view was just amazing and we enjoyed watching the sun go down.

 

I couldn't resist!

This is the view from the 35ft jump spot...gorgeous and scary!

No comments: