Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Montego Bay

To break up the return trip, we spent two days in Montego Bay at the Rose Hall Ritz-Carlton.  After searching for a reasonably priced hotel in the Montego Bay area, the Ritz came up as the cheapest!   

We really liked the resort, but we definitely felt like we were a little out of our "class" range, if you know what I mean.  While the service and the accommodations were amazing, I felt like such a poser - like a child sitting at the rich and snobby adult table at Thanksgiving.  

Kevin and I were trying to quantify how you know you don't belong at the resort in which you are staying, and we came up with this list:
  • You still say "thank you" to the help
  • You have to ask how much everything costs
  • You haven't had any "work" done
  • You skip breakfast because you don't want to spend $30 on eggs
  • You are still on your first marriage
  • You carry your own bags just so you don't have to tip the bell hop
  • You are the whipper-snapper whose presence the other patrons resent
Have you ever felt that way?  Add to my list in your comments :)

   
See all those empty deck chairs?  Let's just say that the resort was a little empty (hence our amazing deal)!

We had the beach all to ourselves!







I love these boys :)


The view from our room:

3 comments:

Wilkerson Weekly said...

I would add to the list the following:

1) You have a profound urge/ need to run and jump onto that amazing looking bed

2) Your Gucci wallet is a New York knock off

and most importantly...

3) You have a baby in the room

4) and you don't have a nanny to care for it

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Such a funny list! I have felt like a poser in that way only a time or two — like occasionally when I go to fancy galas and work is paying the tab or when we went to dinner with you guys in Dallas. It was so fun to pretend to live how the rich folks do :)

Cindy said...

The list cracked me up, love it!