Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, July 4, 2011

Ruth's Diner

Have you ever watched Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives (especially late at night), seen a restaurant that tickled your fancy and VOWED to go there someday (see post about the Salt Lick restaurant in Austin) ? Well, these vows are SACRED and are only second to my marriage vows. Yes, people, this is a food tribute post.

On my trip to Utah I was able to scratch a restaurant off my must-eat-here-before-I-die list. Ruth's Diner has been conquered! I have now experienced their mile high biscuits. I love biscuits and gravy and that just happens to be what they are famous for. I am just so thankful that I was able to guilt my brothers into taking me :)

Steve and his amazing looking omelet
Kevin and his cinnamon roll french toast
Mmmmmm....biscuits and gravy
My roommate Jessica wisely advised me to ask for a table on the patio and it was soooo beautiful! The diner is located just minutes up Emigration Canyon in Salt Lake City and is surrounded by gorgeous trees and mountains. How I miss the mountains!
Dear Texas - GROW MOUNTAINS! Thank you!

Not only was the food and the location good, it was so much fun to catch up with two of my brothers (Mark had to stay in CA and work). Steve lives in Florida and Kevin is still at BYUI, so it isn't everyday that I get to see these guys!

I wish we lived closer to each other...we have so much fun when we get together!

1 comment:

Artis said...

We actually went to Ruth's diner years ago. I had no idea it was so famous. We just randomly went there.