Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My New Sanctuary

With Kevin out of the house, I thought it high time to decorate my bedroom! So, I "hired" my decorator (AKA my mom) and we got to work. My mom flew out for two weeks while Kevin was gone and we surprised him with my new amazing bedroom! It was just like an HGTV "big reveal!"

It can be a little daunting to decide the color scheme, etc so I first picked out a bedspread that I loved (and Kevin approved) and then went to Home Depot to choose paint. We actually went with 3 shades of the same color green to give a little variety to the room.

While I watched Colin, my mom painted my entire bedroom and bathroom (and the ceilings too!)

I especially love how the bathroom turned out.

Eventually, we'd love to put in a new TV here, but we ran out of $$!


A HUGE thank you to my mom who did almost all of the work (painting, hanging everything, hemming the curtains, etc). It was so much fun to shop and decorate with you! I love you more than I love my new room (which is saying A LOT)!

Come back next year and we'll do the rest of the house!!

3 comments:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

That looks SO good! What a fun/huge project for your mom to tackle. Glad it worked out so well.

Lindsey Bell said...

Okay, your bedroom and bathroom are amazing!! I can't wait to decorate my house! GREAT JOB to you and your mom!!!

Bekah said...

absolutely love it. I love the green color scheme!!