Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Legend


Have you seen this movie?

So, last night my sister, Stacie, her boyfriend, Mitch, and I were running through the available movies to rent on Vudu (ps...totally the coolest thing EVER!!!) and came across Legend. After a quick deliberation, we decided to rent it.

You see, if I had to pick THE movie of my childhood, this would probably be it (also on the list is Mary Poppins and The Princess Bride). So, for old times' sake for Stacie and I and a bunch of patience and ever present "laidbackedness" from Mitch, we relived our childhood.

HOLY COW! No wonder I had nightmares as a child!

Take one, shall we say, "horny" devil (I just laughed at my own cleverness there!),
a bunch of freaky looking, unicorn-killing goblins,
a bare legged, bad acting (this was one of his first movies) Tom Cruise in Peter Pan get-up and a mini gold dress,
Tom! What's with the dress?

a princess turned goth with a man chest,
awesomely cheesy techno video game music, and a totally disjointed plot and you get the best/worst 80's fantasy movie ever!

I loved this movie. I think it was the unicorns and the pretty princess. It's like the producers knew that they didn't have a very strong script so they were like "Hey, lets make the symbol of innocence a unicorn and a princess and then all the little girls will want to come see this horrible movie no matter what."

Well, it worked. And I still love this movie...even if I only want to watch it to make fun of it!

2 comments:

Crawford Family said...

Yeah that movie is out of control scary. Chris made me watch it a few years ago. I had never seen it before. My scary childhood movies were Return to Oz (Wheelers ahhhh!) Secret of Nymph and Labrynth. Makes me kinda wonder what my parents were thinking letting us watch some of these.

Cindy said...

Never seen it but it looks terribly awesome. I can't believe that's Tom Cruise! Hilarious.