Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, April 22, 2011

One Year Ago Today...

...I went to the doctor. It was day 35 and I was either pregnant or most likely just late. As a clomid user, I had very regular appointments and me and the nurses at the OB-GYN's office were becoming very good friends (a shout out to Angela, Toni, and Lee!). However, for several reasons, chances were not in my favor to conceive and so I didn't even bother to take a home pregnancy test.

Well, I am sure you can guess what happened next. They told me I was pregnant. I thought they were kidding me and I started to cry because I couldn't imagine a more cruel joke. After showing me 2 of the several tests they took (my nurses and OB were just as surprised as me) and assuring me that I was indeed pregnant, I left to go tell Kevin.

He was in as much shock as I was. I mean, our chances of getting pregnant were very slim and here we were, pregnant. Of course it wasn't as simple as that...they also let me know that my chances of miscarrying were double that of other women, so as happy as we were, we were afraid to get too excited, too attached, too hopeful that it would stick.

I had sonograms almost weekly to check the progress of our little one (not to mention lots of blood tests, progesterone supplements, etc). I had some complications, I guess you could say. But by week 18, they gave us the go ahead to celebrate - I was no longer a high risk pregnancy! Such amazing news.


Colin, I can't tell you how blessed we feel to have you in our life. You are the most perfect little baby and your father and I thank Heavenly Father daily for giving you to us. We love you and will try (future tense) to give you siblings :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

What a sweet post--I'm so happy you were blessed with Colin. And I am sure you're making awesome parents!

Artis said...

Thank heaven for your (and our) little miracle!!!

Jessica and Reece said...

And... now I'm bawling. You are such a wonderful mama and Colin is such a perfect little miracle. Hope I get to meet him soon!

Love you!

Karen said...

This post makes me tear up! We are so glad Colin is here safe and sound.

Kelly said...

He is just as lucky as you to have you two as parents! Miss you guys!