Last weekend Kevin and I drove up to Quantico, Virginia to meet up with Kevin's childhood friend and college roommate, Robert, and his wife Jenna. They were in DC visiting family and we were able to sneak some time with them while they toured the National Marine Museum.
The National Marine Museum is the really weird shaped building you see off the freeway on your way to DC...I am not really sure what the shape is supposed to symbolize...any ideas?
Robert trying on a heavy backpack in "basic training"
The museum had some really neat displays - personally, I think tanks are the coolest!
A nice parting thought... 
1 comment:
The shape of the Museum is in the fashion of the Iwo Jima flag raising. Just so you know that heavy backpack is nothing compared to what infantry Marines carry (add 20-30 of weaponry and another 20-30 of ammunition) which usually ends up around 120lbs plus.
Post a Comment