I am going to miss so many things about Williamsburg! Just one of them is taking a scenic drive along Colonial Parkway to Yorktown Beach. Sadly, Kevin and I have only lately discovered one of Yorktown's greatest treasures, the Carrot Tree Restaurant, and its delicious baked treats. We took a drive down the other evening just because it was so beautiful outside and stopped for a yummy piece of carrot cake. In a word - HEAVEN! Nothing will ever compare - I will never again be satisfied with average carrot cake! I find myself thinking about that little (or not so little) slice of heaven WAY too much! Yum!
4 comments:
How quaint! I've never noticed that spot before--thanks for pointing it out--esp. since carrot cake is the only kind of cake Brian likes!
I wish we could have made it out to see you while you were there. But Texas is a lot closer, so expect to see us soon :)
Ahhhh I miss the Carrot Tree!!!!! BEST carrot cake EVER! You're totally right! :) You know what I also miss? The Cheese Shop!!!! :(
Kevin, that last picture looks like you're standing on water!
Post a Comment