Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Leslie Goes Gothic?

Since the beginning of the year, Kevin and I have been really trying to save money by clipping coupons and working the double and triple coupon sales at the local grocery stores. In an effort to save money, I used a coupon for a different brand of hair dye than I normally use and the effect is astonishing (shield your eyes!):


No, I am not gothic, I promise! The other brand turned my hair BLACK! It was supposed to be dark brown...BROWN!! What happened to my brown hair? I took this picture after I dried my tears and realized that hair dye eventually will fade, especially with the help of clarifying shampoo, and thought that I could just laugh it off. Well, it is now a month later and my hair is still pretty black (I tell myself it is brown, but I am definitely lying to myself!). If I had wanted black hair, I would be pretty excited about finding such a fade resistant dye, but right now, I am missing my less dramatic hair color!
PS - If you ARE looking for some pretty strong dye, I used Clairol Nice 'N Easy.

5 comments:

Jessica and Reece said...

Personally, I LOVE this look for you. You look gorgeous, as always. But I know what it's like to buy a box and have the end result look drastically different than it was "supposed" to.

Cassie said...

I sorta like the darker look on you. Although, I did that once too and oh how I hated it! Ugh... I couldn't find anything to get it out and when I went in to get it "fixed" all they could do was add a bunch of highlights. Good luck! :)

Audrey said...

That happened to me a few months ago only it was my hairdresser who did the dirty deed! You look awesome with black hair though!!

Artis said...

I bought that brand once years ago when I was doing my coloring myself with similar results. Hey, at least you saved money. :-)
Can hardly wait to see you in a couple of months. By then I'm sure you'll be back to normal.

Olivia Jewell said...

That's funny, I didn't know that you didn't mean to die it that color. :) I can't wait to see what this weeks trip to the salon brings out. ;)