
We started the evening as every other girls night out should start - with ice cream and lots of chatting - and then headed over to Barnes and Noble to wait with bated breath until midnight (or rather 12:01). Well, after an hour of wandering around B&N in my Team Edward shirt (Kelly sported a cute "I am NOT Switzerland...Team Edward" shirt that she made herself...super cute!), making a "Bella Bracelet," watching this really weird kid wander around trying to pick up on vampire lovin' girls, and taking pictures under the balloon canopy, we decided that we had had enough of the oddly attired adolescent crowd and went back to the comfort of Kelly's home to wait it out. Just before midnight, Kelly, Stacey, and I drove down to Books A Million to pick up our copy (it was cheaper there, what can I say?) and were not disappointed when after thirty seconds in line we had our copy of the book, a cool Breaking Dawn button, and stickers - go Books A Million!
I am proud to say that I conquered the 754 page novel within 18 hours (it would have been less, but I had to spend a couple of hours sleeping!) of picking it up. While the book is catching a lot of flack from disappointed readers that fail to realize that this is indeed a fantasy novel and tradition rules do not apply, I really enjoyed it. I was sad, however, when I reached the end and there wasn't an epilogue (I will always revere JK Rowling for giving me that for Harry Potter, albeit a short one) so I am pushing for book #5! And you know what, I've been thinking about it and Stephenie Meyer has only said that this will be the last book from Bella's perspective and while most people think that she is just leaving space for the release of Midnight Sun, she could write another novel from Edward's/Jacob's perspective about life after Breaking Dawn. It could happen!
Anyway, if you haven't read it yet - happy reading!
3 comments:
I am such a Jacob-hater and love Edward! Everyone here seems to love Jacob and I hate him, he ruins everything. Anyway, I haven't read Breaking Dawn yet, but I am excited! I will make sure to reserve myself 18 hours.
You're already done??? Wow! I am only on page 10 or something. I just got it in the mail yesterday (actually I ordered 2 copies on accident--- so Lisa is going to take one!)I can't wait to settle in tonight and read read read. I am not sure who I like better... Edward or Jacob, but I have a feeling that she ends up with Eddie-boy... am I right???
Hey Leslie! I stumbled across your blog and your post made me laugh! I just posted something about the book too! :) I haven't finished it yet though, I'm taking my time! Hope you guys are doing great! oxoxo
Post a Comment