Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, August 1, 2008

Commentary on The Dark Knight

If you have seen The Dark Knight, you might find this article interesting... even if you don't agree with the writer's opinion, it is an interesting concept that I didn't see in the movie until after Kevin pointed it out to me on the way out of the theatre. I want to hear your thoughts...please leave a comment!

Forgive me for leaving a shameless politically conservative plug on my blog - I try to keep things apolitical, but sometimes I can't help it! (and if you know Kevin, we get really into discussing politics!!)

2 comments:

Karen said...

That is spot on! :) I can't wait to talk to you guys more about it!

Nora said...

Thanks for sharing this, Leslie. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will keep this article in mind when I go see it. You know that I'm more leftist than you. Here are some of my thoughts on Klavan's article. I think that the "War on Terror" probably started out as a battle for freedom, democracy, and goodness, despite new and continuous evidence that the Bush administration fabricated documents that Iraq had WMD's. Since then, though, I think our presence in Iraq and Afghanistan, (and probably soon, Iran) has mushroomed into something more complex than anything we could have forseen: conditions in both countries have spiraled. Women are losing jobs they were able to have under Saddam; oil prices around the globe have skyrocketed; schools are struggling to continue. Both countries are still in shambles, economically and politically. Granted, I think not all of these issues are our fault, and I think our military presence is holding the threads of these societies together the best we can. Overall, I feel that very few things in today's moral canvas can be painted in black and white, especially something as inherently violent, bloody and hateful as war.
I really admire your ability to work through the gray areas, to be upright in your convictions, and hold fast to what you believe in; that is something that is truly inspiring. Thanks again.