Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hawaii 5.0 - The Feast at Lele

One of the only requirements for my trip to Maui was attending a Luau. I know they are super touristy, but why else do you go on vacation but to spend all of your time doing touristy things? We were told that The Feast of Lele was the best Luau on the Island of Maui, and I would have to agree! The food, entertainment, and location all exceeded my expectations! And the best part? OPEN BAR! Even though we don't drink, we definitely took advantage of the free cocktails (albeit virgin cocktails)...I probably had 4 myself! With names like "Lava Flow" how can one resist! The next time you are looking for a Luau on the Island of Maui, make sure to look up The Feast of Lele in Lahaina and you won't be disappointed!

The Family
Just the girls
Me and my cute sister Stacie
My wonderful Mom
:)
The dancers performed traditional dances from all the different
Polynesian islands around the world
Not only did we get to see the sun rise, but we watched it set as well!
Funny story - I noticed the man sitting in front of me decided to record the entire show and I thought to myself, "is he really going to watch this ever again?" Well, when I took a closer look at what he was recording (namely, close-ups of the female dancers' chests and hips) I decided that yes, he would watch this tape again!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Geez, what a perv!

Anonymous said...

That's crazy...Brett went with his family to that exact same luau when he went to Maui but didn't have nearly as interesting of people sitting around him.