Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Little Local Siteseeing

Hello my blogger buddies! Just checking in here for my sunday post. This has been a very busy week it seems! Between end of the school year parties, softball practice, a baby shower, hanging out with friends, the beach, batting cages, and Busch Gardens, we've been on the go this week! And of course, I don 't have pictures of any of it! I even purposely brought my camera to Busch Gardens to take pictures to post (just for you, Mike!) but then left the camera in the car...classic! I should have my camera with me wherever I go but I always either leave it behind or forget to take pictures if I do bring it. If it were still January I could say that this years New Years resolution is to take more pictures...but it is already April - can you believe it? Time flies so fast sometimes! I guess Kevin and I are just having too much fun! We really are, in all actuality. We love our little apartment in Williamsburg, the beautiful surroundings, the friends we have made, and this time in our lives. We are having a blast and are so happy that we chose to move away from our families (even though we love and miss them dearly!) to establish ourselves as a couple so that we can be strong together and learn to rely on each other.

Okay, so as this post title suggests, we have been doing some siteseeing as of late - mostly because we have had visitors and isn't it the truth that you never take the time to see the local sites unless you have family or friends in town? Well, a few weeks ago Kevin's parents were in town and we took a day and went down to Norfolk and had a ton of fun visiting the Nauticus Museum (a hands on marine science museum...very fun even for adults!), touring the USS Wisconsin, taking an afternoon naval base cruise, and finishing the day off with some seafood for dinner! I would highly receommend any of the activities for adults and children...except the seafood part - eating crab is WAY too much work for adults, let alone children!!


The USS Wisconsin is connected to the Nauticus Museum (a two-for!) so as we were walking into the museum, we had to take a few pictures beside the bohemoth!

My little sailor boy!

They have some really big guns on board!

Kevin and I got into a replica of the tight bunks that the sailors slept in...it was a challenge for me to get in (looks roomier than it is!) and you should have seen Kevin crawling in! They did NOT have a lot of room!

Me sitting on the boat of the naval cruise...the wind was really blowing that day and my hood was not helping out much!

A cool aircraft carrier...by the way, did you know that they house a crew of 6,000 at sea? I mean, talk about a city on the water!


After the naval cruise we walked down to a nearby shopping center and ate at Joe's Crabshack...and what did Kevin order? A whole BUCKET of crab (thanks Artis and Lionel for financing his addiction to seafood)! So, at Joes's when you order crab, the waitors come over and tie a bib on you before you get your order so we had to take a picture of Kevin in his bib!

Well, that's enough for today...check back soon (and by soon, I mean a few days at least!) for another post!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yippee! I've been looking forward to some new pics from you guys. Sounds like you're doing so well! We miss you tons! We're looking forward to seeing Kev for a bit when he drives through town. Love you guys!