What do you do when you unexpectantly have some time off? You buy last minute flights and surprise your family...or just your mom :)
We flew to California for a few days, went to Disneyland and the beach, played golf with my dad and hung out with my family, and then drove up to Cedar City. We wanted to surprise Artis for her bday, so we put Colin in a wrapped birthday box and set him on her office desk at work and then hid around the corner. When she heard she had a "special birthday delivery," she came back to her office, saw Colin and screamed, thereby scaring Colin and making him burst into tears. It was totally worth it!
Happy Birthday, Artis! Thanks for letting us surprise you :)
Colin and his Grandma (do you see the huge smile on his face? He LOVES his grandparents...all of them!)
While in Cedar, we went to Park Discovery (why didn't they just name it Discovery Park? Drives me nuts!), golfing, played games, stayed up super late every night, and even played tennis doubles with Brian and Leslie.
But the best part? We went to the Cedar High vs Canyon View high school football game. Oh yeah! Go Redmen!!
[No, you read that right. Their mascot is the politically incorrect REDMEN...still left unchallenged by the PC Police!!]
Kevin asked me if I wanted to wear his letterman's jacket to the game.
I told him no.
Because I couldn't imagine anything more embarrassing than wearing my 30 year old husband's high school letterman's jacket, which is way too big, to a high school's football game that I neither attended, nor care about (beyond the fact that Kevin went there, I guess)...so I wore a light sweater and froze to death instead.
And do I think I made the right decision?
Do you notice how Kevin's not wearing his jacket either?
Yeah, neither of us wanted to be "that guy."
You know the one. The person who is still living the glory days of high school. Because that's what wearing your letterman's jacket (or your husband's, for that matter) after high school means.
But it was still a fun game. All 15 minutes that we watched of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment