Kevin and I were in California for a few days last week and decided to take advantage of Nana's free babysitting service and go to Disneyland without Colin. We had so much fun! I love Disneyland. With it practically in my backyard growing up, I just can't help getting nostalgic every time we go. Plus, we went there over our honeymoon so it holds extra significance :)
The day started out a little rough, though.
We waited in line for Space Mountain for 45 minutes and then it broke down...so we jumped out of line.
We headed over to Indiana Jones with our fastpasses and then it too broke down and we were told to leave the line.
We then waited in line for Haunted Mansion...and then it broke down. We decided that we were going down with the ship, though, and it finally started back up a while later. It took about 3 hours to finally get on a ride!
We love the Jungle Cruise (mostly for the thinly veiled sarcasm of the tour guides!)
I love Storybook Land...the miniatures are amazing!
The iconic Matterhorn
So we were waiting in line for the Finding Nemo ride and Kevin was like "Hey, do you know who that is?" (in an excited whisper) and I of course didn't know to whom or what he was referring. Well, turns out that one of the guys from Jack@**, David English, was in line with his family near us and so we had to take a picture (that's the back of his head). I haven't seen the show/movies and I guess I should be ashamed to admit my husband has, but what do you do? We did not say "hi" to him, if you were wondering.
Later in the day, Stacie and Mitch met up with us and we went on the Haunted Mansion again
Don't worry, Kevin was trying to look creepy here!
We had an awesome day! Thank you Nana for watching Colin!
PS - We had the most amazing lunch at the Cafe Orleans! We had wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou, but it was closed (along with Pirates of the Caribbean) for renovations, so this was the next best thing. It was AWESOME! We had the Monte Cristo sandwich for lunch and then came back later and had beignets for an evening snack. Both were great and I would highly recommend them :)
No comments:
Post a Comment