That's right, people. We are breaking in to our THIRTIES! (well, at least Kevin is!)
Kevin turned 30 a few weeks ago and I wanted to make sure he had a very special birthday.
First, I let him sleep in.
Second, I sent him out of the house to pick up donuts. Now, normally I would be the one the make breakfast or pick something up, but I really wanted Kevin out of the house so I sent him instead. And what did I do while he was gone?
Only finalize the greatest in-house scavenger hunt known to man! Kevin already knew that he was getting cash from me and our collective parents to buy tools, but I didn't want him to get off that easily. So, I took 30 envelopes filled with a clue and different denominations of cash and then gave him the first clue.
Here are just a few of the clues:
- “Until and unless you
discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction.
When money ceases to become the means by which men deal with one another, then
men become the tools of other men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your
choice--there is no other.”
- I am not really sure if I am an animal or a dessert
- Six times a week paper and junk gets shoved in my
mouth
How did you do? Did you guess any of them? Well, the first is a quote from the book Atlas Shrugged and the clue was just tucked in the book. The second refers to Kevin's childhood Teddy bear, Brownie, who sits on a shelf in Colin's room, and the third is, of course, the mailbox.
We relaxed for the rest of the day and then I took Kevin on our mystery date:
WHIRLYBALL!
I had a bunch of our friends meet up with us for a Whirlyball party complete with pizza and cake!
If you've never played or heard of Whirlyball, consider yourself deprived because it is one of the funnest games on Earth!
Basically, it a cross between basketball, bumper cars, and lacrosse and it is hilarious!
These are pictures from the website to give you an idea of how it is done:
You have two teams trying to throw the ball at their basketball backboard to score points, all while trying to figure out how to throw and pass with a lacrosse scoop, and not get hit by your opponents (and teammates)!
So much fun!
And here's the cake from Nothing Bundt Bakery...delish!
Happy Birthday, Kevin! I hope you had fun :)


1 comment:
What an awesome birthday and such fun clues for the treasure hunt :)
It was so great seeing you guys in Cedar! Can't wait for the holidays!
Post a Comment