Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Rude Guy at the Airport

Colin has red hair.

This attracts a lot of attention.

While at DFW (en route to Orange County) the man behind me in line to check in says, "WHOA...that's some red hair! You'll need to get a hat to cover that (gesturing to his hair) up!"

Now, what I didn't say was, "I'm sorry, are you REALLY insulting my baby? Because I am one tough momma grizzly and I will take you DOWN, crazy old man!!"

What I did say was, "Hmmm...yes, his hair is red."

Caught off guard, I guess.

When I told Kevin the story later, he asked me what he looked like...like he was going to hunt him down or something.

Maybe I should have said something rude back, but I honestly don't think he was trying to be insulting, just an idiot.

He sure is lucky Kevin wasn't there!!

5 comments:

Wilkerson Weekly said...

I LOVE his red hair!

Crawford Family said...

My little Irish cousin Una, Allen and Owen get comments like that all the time. Una took her hat off one day and a guy at the beach said "Woah! No wonder you were wearing a hat". Hello RUDE! People totally shock me all the time with things they say. And then if I am quick enough to say something back it is ME who feels bad later... just like on You've Got Mail. Can't wait to see his "shocking" red hair!

Anonymous said...

People are so dumb sometimes! And I love his red hair too!

Artis said...

But he is so adorable! How can someone say something like that? You're right. It's good Kevin wasn't there. Obviously this boorish man had no idea who he could be dealing with.

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

To use a classic Seinfeld phrase: "People... they're the worst."
Who ARE these imbeciles? There is many a soap box for me about the kinds of things people think its OK to say about pregnant women, chubby babies, and now THIS? Its ridiculous!
You're right, it's a good thing Kevin wasn't there. For everyone's sake :)