The Painted Pony and the Little Mermaid
If you ever find yourself in southern Utah in the summer or fall, please do yourself a favor and go see a show at Tuacahn. Oh my goodness, I love Tuacahn! It is an outdoor amphitheatre set up against the beautiful red rock cliffs of Snow Canyon State Park outside St. George, Utah. Two years ago I was completely blown away by their production of Aida and this year The Little Mermaid definitely lived up to my high expectations.
But what is a good show without a great dinner first? Derek and Lisa suggested The Painted Pony to start our evening and I am so glad they did! They had the most beautiful, picture-worthy food! Forgive all the food pictures, I couldn't NOT take pictures of these fancy creations!
Crab cakes and guacamole with red pepper sauce
French onion soup served in a HOLLOWED OUT ONION!! How cool is that?
The most decorative scallops I've ever seen
Bacon wrapped duck
Seriously amazing beef tenderloin
Derek and Lisa
(notice the super cool "pewter" goblets? Loved the decor!)
Forgive this less than flattering picture of me! I had just eaten my weight in delicious food, topped off with a perfect Creme Brulee and this salvage art pony was too neat not to photograph!
Off to the show...
I guess Derek sees himself as more of a Sebastian than an Eric!
Thanks to Lisa and Derek for the awesome seats!
Afterwards, we had to take a picture with sweaty (it was 95 degrees!), ripped, and golden King Triton! His pants were a little too tight not to laugh about...poor guy! Lisa got to take a little of King Triton home with her - a little of his golden grease smeared on her white sweater!
Chef Louie
This makes me laugh! Flotsam and Jetsam were played by these two very skinny, short, hip-shaking, electrically-charged, spandex wearing guys...yeah, so the guys HAD to get a picture with one of them!
Now, I have to admit that the show was SUPER corny. The new songs were not nearly as great as the originals and the lines were dripping in cheese, but I loved it! The special effects were amazing! Such a fun show :)
1 comment:
Such a fun night with you guys! Ya, too bad Triton had to leave his mark on my sweater. I guess it's the price I had to pay for our brush with tight-pants fame.
Post a Comment