Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Soup

Ahhh...The Soup...how I love thee! Please tell me you guys watch this show!



The Soup basically makes fun of all the crazy shows and people on TV. Joel McHale is the sarcastic host that "watches it all for you." He shows clips of reality shows, daytime talk shows, morning news shows and lots and lots of Jersey Shore!

That show is just begging to be made fun of with its overly tanned, bouffant-ed, self proclaimed "guidettes" and disgusting greasy haired guys pumped up on man-juice and roids. Like it or not, this show is part of pop culture and although I would never actually watch a full episode, I am glad I know what it is and can make fun of Snookie and The Situation with the rest of them!



He also loves to pick on Tyra Banks and both her talk show "Tyra" and "America's Next Top Model"....all I have to say is that Tyra is one vain, crazy, girl! Some of the topics for her shows are just out there! Most recently, Joel McHale made fun of one featuring 5 women supposedly born with 2 vaginas...the tag line was "5 women - 10 vaginas!"...really? Is that what you've stooped to? And, furthermore, what woman is going on TV to share that? I mean, WOW! If I had a freak 2nd vajayjay I certainly would not be on national TV talking about it with Tyra Banks of all people. And how do they find these women? Just WOW!


Moral of the story: watch The Soup on E!

7 comments:

Crawford Family said...

HAAAAA! Chris and I LOVE the Soup. I tis on crazy late here but we still make ourselves stay up to watch it. He is what makes community so great. Tyra banks is all sorts of crazy. Do you think she comes up with these ideas or does some one come in and say "lets totally have a show with women with two Vaginas" and she is like "Totally!!! And lets make sure to some how fit in lots of talk about my own" because heaven knows she always makes it about herself!

Cindy said...

I love The Soup it's so funny. Did you see the clip where Anderson Cooper mentions that his knowledge of Jersey Shore is from The Soup.

Tyra is so ridiculous, she blows my mind.

The Grady's said...

I did see that - classic moment! I mean, if that's how I know about all those super trashy shows, it makes sense that someone like Anderson Cooper would get his knowledge from there as well.

Tyra does have a talent for turning any subject to her...she is a joke anytime she opens her mouth!

Karen said...

Confession: I have seen EVERY SINGLE EPISODE of Jersey Shore. Hours of my precious life that I will never get back. I'm so ashamed. But it's truly like watching a car wreck. You can't turn away. Anyway, this is why we love you so much: The Soup just rocks. That's all there is to it! And I have a bit of a crush on Joel McHale. Shhh... don't tell Mike! :)

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

I feel like I am really missing out on something here. I have not seen The Soup, but I'll admit to channel surfing and landing on a few minutes of Tyra's "Top Model" show and yes, she is completely ridiculous -- as is that show.

Audrey said...

I've got a book rec for you! I'm almost done reading Uglies. You've probably heard of it but since I know you liked The Host, you might like this one! You and I like the same kind of books so I think you'll be into it. It's a mix between The Giver and The Host but I'm hooked! There are 4 books in the series so far.. I don't know if there will be more. I'm on a waiting list for City of Bones at the library!

Valerie said...

Haha, Tyra IS so vain. Did you see The Soup where they made fun of her because of her "Global Awareness" something-or-other about changing the way women look at themselves? The women who she picked to be the role models all had one thing in common: they were obsessed with Tyra. So she picked them to be her role models because they were obsessed with her. Sweet. I love The Soup! :)