Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, February 8, 2010

Loves...

I have a lot of loves. Of course Kevin is at the top of the list, but I am pretty sure you are all pretty sick of me talking about how much I love my husband. So, since it is February and Valentine's Day is fast upon us (and in an effort to get back into blogging!) I thought I would post about some of my favorite things.

I LOVE to read...but I won't read just anything. I am very particular about the novels I read, but they all have one thing in common - a love story. I LOVE a good love story. I don't care if the story is seemingly corny, predictable, or sappy or if the male love interest is a rich Englishman from Derbyshire, a glowering teenage vampire, the ever-reliable childhood friend, a poor farmboy turned pirate, a werewolf, a bad boy on the run, a beast, or an aristocrat bent on saving people from the guillotine in revolutionary Paris; if there is a love story, a little bit of suffering, an interesting plot, and a happy ending I want to read it.

So, if you have anything that fits my ideal mold, please let me know! I am constantly searching for new books to read and would welcome any and all suggestions for lovey dovey books.

Also, what are your favorite types of books? And, if you are like me and you love a good love story - who is your favorite male lead?

*Please note that I am NOT interested in romance novels...just want to be clear about that!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

I like books written for teens because once I start I don't want to stop therefore it has to be a quick read in order for me to get things done aka live my life.

One cute/short love story I recently read was To Catch a Pirate. It was a cute love story and you can finish it in a few hours. Let us know about all of the good books you are reading. p.s. are you on goodreads?

Unknown said...

So, I just finished the book called City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare. It's part of a series called The Mortal Instruments. There is City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass. It was DANG good. It's long, but a quick read. You should check it out. I think there is a 4th book coming out later. It has love, action, and all the good stuff.

Also, I read a very short and quick read called "The Only Alien on the Planet". I forgot who it is by, but it's interesting and again, a quick read. Also, there is not a strong love story in it, but a weird, slight romance. Does that make sense?

I'm just beginning to understand which types of books I like and I'm loving it. I've always wanted to be a reader and I feel like I am finally becoming that person, haha!

The Grady's said...

I actually just registered with goodreads so you can see all of my recent reads! I love YA fiction too - it is quick and usually very fun.

Wilkerson Weekly said...

I just finished "These is My words" by Nancy Turner, and I LOVED IT. It has a great love story mixed in with a lot of adventure (It's about a pioneer in the Arizona territory). I would recommend it. And I LOVE a mystery series by Tasha Alexander that has quite a bit of love mixed in. The first one is called And Only to Deceive. That book actually has the least romance in it, but is still awesome, and from then on out there is quite the love interest. Read it! Read them all!

The Grady's said...

thanks for the comments! I am adding all of your suggestions to my "to-read" list (ps - just got on goodreads and now all of your suggestions as listed there...yay for reading!)

Artis said...

I'm a sucker for all the Nicholas Sparks books... even though you'll end up crying in the end (actually only one has a truly happy ending, so maybe these don't fit your criteria). Still, the love stories and human emotions are great.

Audrey said...

Oh man.. I just finished watching Elizabeth Gaskell's North & South.. I. LOVED. IT. I haven't read it but I've heard it compared to P&P.. It's THAT good. If you have Netflix, you can watch it online. There are 4 "episodes". I'll let you know how the book is if I can get my hands on it soon!!