Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mmmm...Yogurtland

Apparently California is enjoying a craze that beats all crazes...self serve frozen yogurt. On every corner, in every shopping center you can now load up on various flavors of frozen yogurt and toppings and pay by the ounce.

The shop owners are sneaky and make sure to give you a HUGE bowl (16 oz) that you will inevitably fill up with flavors such as Madagascar Vanilla, Strawberry Banana, Dutch Chocolate, Coconut, Cheesecake, etc. At $0.30 an ounce (or more, depending on the establishment), you can get a respectable size desert without breaking the bank or the belly (supposedly 8 oz = approx 100 calories).

But, then again, because I have NO self control, every time I go, I get sucked into the management's trap of filling up my enormous bowl and have to pay for every bit of it. As my sister Stacie works at one such establishment aptly named Yogurtland, I am FORCED to eat low calorie frozen goodness almost constantly...life is really rough living at home in California!
Left to Right:
Stacie (my sister), Mitch (her boyfriend), Shana (my then soon to be sister in law), Mark (my older brother), and Jeanette (my mom)

Mark blending into the wall

1 comment:

Crawford Family said...

Haa! There is that craze ehre too! It is called Frogurt. Growing up there was one in our town and whenever we would go as a family my parents had a magic number that oyr yogurt had to weigh and we would painstakingly add a sprinkle at a time to get the absolute most we were allowed. Last night I gorged myself in the freedom of getting however much I wanted... don't you love being an adult! So when are you guys going to aruba? When are you coming to Utah? We can;t wait to see you!