Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, November 13, 2008

What's Up Washington?

Prepare for the longest post EVER!!! Last weekend Kevin and I took an impromptu trip up to DC to see the sites. It seems that everytime we go to DC we go to the temple and never see anything touristy...in just two short days, we saw almost everything! I apologize that this post is neither funny nor brief...I just had to get all of these pictures posted!

Marine Memorial (Tribute the Iwo Jima)
Changing of the Guard at Arlington National Cemetery

View of the Washington Monument from the Jefferson Memorial (if you look closely, you can also see the White House)
After a long hike to see Jefferson Jefferson Memorial - Whenever I go to this memorial, I always think about the Simpson's episode where Lisa goes to see the Lincoln at his memorial to ask him a question and finds it too crowded, so she goes to the Jefferson memorial and nobody is there and Jefferson is sad. Well, if the Jefferson monument weren't so hard to get to and so far out of the way, maybe more people would go there!

World War II Memorial

A friendly reminder to all of us...(Freedom is Not Free)

My favorite memorial - the Korean War Memorial (why Kevin got a picture in front of it and not me, I don't know)

Lincoln looks like he needs to stretch...or at least that's what I think!

Looking down from the Lincoln memorial at the Washington Monument

Kevin's favorite memorial - The Vietnam Memorial

Barack Obama's new pad

I can't tell if my or Kevin's big head is blocking the White House

Kevin's getting a little too chummy with Gov. Palin, if you ask me!

Another friendly reminder...(Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty)

Diamonds are a girl's best friend!! (Hope Diamond in the Natural History Museum)

My favorite dinosaur - the Triceratops - aka Sarah from the Land Before Time
Kevin's favorite dinosaur - Stegosaurus

You made it to the end! Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Karen said...

What a fun trip! I hope we can do some of the same things when we're visiting you soon.

Crawford Family said...

looks like you guys hit up sooo many of the sites wow!

jessi said...

So I don't know how long you have had a blog, but my mom was just mentioning it, so I am so happy to finally discover it! Looks like you had some beautiful days in D.C.

Emily Petty said...

Wow - you did see all the major stuff in DC! That's a lot of walking! I still think it's so sad we never saw you guys when we lived there!