Well, enough about other people’s fears, I would like to present to the world, my own fears (some quirky and some serious) in no particular order [Author’s note: in the editing process of this post, I realized that it has gotten a little long and will be further separated into several posts, and as such, only the first of my fears will appear in this post]:
1. Expired Milk – I know that Jerry Seinfeld did a bit on expired milk (what DIDN’T he do a bit on?) in which he talked about not taking chances with expired milk…as if the date stamped on the carton could actually tell you the exact second that the milk was no longer safe for human consumption. I am a total believer in the date on the carton – you do not even THINK about drinking milk past that date! It is as if God himself gave all of us a warning against yucky chunky milk and we need to obey the date! My husband, on the other hand, uses the sniffing method for determining milk expiration…a week past the expiration date, if it still smells okay, he’ll actually drink it! I mean, I have tried this method and I swear that milk always smells funky! He tells me that my mind does this to me and the yucky smell is in my head (and from the smell of the rim of the carton, where you put the lid on), but maybe, just maybe, I have milk expiration psychic powers and the smell is a sign that you just don’t drink it! I mean, really, why chance it? I have a really finicky stomach anyway and I just don’t chance things like expired milk. If Kevin’s stomach weren’t built to withstand a nuclear holocaust (seriously, the man can eat raw chicken and not get sick!) maybe he wouldn’t be so gung-ho about drinking the milk either!

2 comments:
AMEN Sista! I totally agree about the milk thing. Don't take any chances! One time in high school I poured myself a big ol' glass of milk and chugged it... about halfway down I realized it was LUMPY! I have never been able to swig milk since!
How are you holding up as a single gal?
Haha, Nate and Kevin are exactly the same. Except,Nate left the milk out one night and put it in the refrigerator the next morning once he noticed it had been sitting out!!!! I think he was hoping I wouldn't notice, but I sure did when I tried to eat cereal that morning. Needless to say Nate knew he was in trouble and bought me a new carton of milk. Men.
Post a Comment