What a month!
May was really great, but a lot of it just sucked...sorry, but it's true.
Things started out great!
The Hansens invited is out for a Rangers game!
Eric making silly faces!
Then the shiz hit the fan (excuse me please)
We were eating dinner at the Hansens on Monday night for FHE and while the boys finished digging the hole for their in ground trampoline, I started bleeding.
So we went off to the ER and it took them 3 hours to let us know that a miscarriage was imminent and that our baby had died three weeks earlier.
Poor little Christian Thomas Grady was just not ready to join our crazy family on any of the three attempts we made!
Unlike my previous two miscarriages, this pregnancy was public knowledge and so I had to do a sort of apology tour on social media.
And the outpouring of love and support started.
I retreated into my room the next day for a nap and woke up to so many sweet surprises on our doorstep. It meant everything to me to know that I had a team of friends there to love me through this. I love you all. Thank you.
Even the kids received yummy treats!
Naturally, I miscarried just days before Mother's Day.
But this card from my mother was great!
Not to mention the fact that my mom changed her travel plans to come stay with me several days earlier than planned to help me with it all.
And of course she came bearing lots of fun surprises!
Kinetic Sand was a huge hit!
We also got to jump in our pool for the first time! It was freezing!
For Mother's Day, Nana watched the kids and we went to see Newsies! I had coerced Kevin into buying the tickets and it was wonderful! A MUCH needed distraction!
Is it coincidence that the wettest May on record happens the same year we build a pool?
Reagan and I gave ourselves pedicures!
No comments:
Post a Comment