Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Huzzah!

Did you hear that we met Henry VIII? And I think Anne Boleyn as well, but she might have been Catherine of Aragon...honestly, it's hard to keep track of his wives!


But where did this time-travelling feat take place, you ask?! 

We were all transported back to a time and place that never actually existed...a combobulation of a medieval-renaissance-fantasy-Dungeons and Dragons type of world where one could grab a roasted turkey leg on one side of the path and buy sexy chain mail for the bedroom on the other. Where one could watch a joust and portly belly dancers perform in the same day.  Where all of your leather-clad, corset-wearing, fairy-wing-wearing dreams could come true!

The Scarborough Renaissance Faire!!

And boy did our dreams come true! It was officially one of the best days of our lives!  
The SRF is one of the premier Renaissance fairs in the country, and by that I mean we were the freaks wearing tennis shoes, t-shirts, and shorts instead of leather, velvet, iron, and lace.  Yep, what a freak!
Can I even describe the people watching? It was surely at its finest! And do you know what? I was almost convinced to mortgage my kids' futures to buy one of them dang outfits at almost $1000 a pop!  But not quite!


 


These guys weren't performers...they were just guests like us!! HOLY MOLY!



Oh boy...this guy was special!  We saw him shopping and couldn't help ourselves! I mean, look at this level of commitment!  He's bare chested and practically wearing a leather speedo and horns, not to mention Wolverine blades on his hands. Yikes! But he was so sweet and flattered when Cindy (after a dare from her husband) asked for a picture with him that I almost feel bad for laughing at him.  But seriously!! What time period is this from?! 
My favorite part about our whole conversation with him, though, was when he mentioned that this was just ONE of his many outfits. WHAT?!?!

Reagan has two mothers. Me and Cindy! She absolutely adores her second mother!



On our way home from Waxahatchie, we picked up this little cutie for a cousin sleep over party! The kids had so much fun with cute Molly that we might have to steal her again soon!

No comments: