Reagan turned two on November 16th and to celebrate this little girl got a whole new wardrobe full of clothes that finally fit her! Between the change of seasons and the fact that she is growing like a weed (as evidenced by her astounding growth chart topping stats!), she had nothing to wear besides shirts that revealed her adorable, yet immodest, tummy worn over onesies that gave her wedgies, I am sure, and pants that acted more like capris!
Reagan is wearing her new birthday dress, shoes from Nana, and accessories from Grandma
So Reagan and I had our first mother-daughter shopping spree at the outlets and it was so much fun! Normally, I pick up a few items of clothing here and there, so it was nice to get it all at once!
Plus, I can't keep this girl in shoes that fit, so thankfully Nana sent several pairs of adorable shoes for her to choose from every day!
Two Year Old Stats
Height: 38 inches (well above 98%)
Weight: 31.5 lbs (95%)
Head: 49 cm (90%)
About Reagan at Two:
- Reagan has developed the most adorable lingo for everything and is beginning to speak in short sentences. My favorite sentence right now is "Cahgah bapple goo" which translates to "Colin's apple juice" and "neemo bapper poo" which means "Nemo diaper for the pool" (referring to her Nemo swim diaper)
- New words include "mah-hoe-nee" (macaroni) which used to be called "chee pot" (cheese pot, or mac n' cheese in the pot)
- Favorite phrases: "Hey mom-my, hey!" "See you, mom-my!" (when she sneaks behind something and then peaks out) "I-nee-dit!" (when she wants something) "I-di-dit mommy!" (when she accomplishes something)
- Reagan is still as clumsy as ever! I swear she runs into everything! The poor thing runs everywhere but never looks where she is headed! Plus she trips over herself and always seems to be right behind me as I step or turn. I think half the time I am injuring her and the other half is her!
- Reagan is still in a mommy stage and demands a "nuggle" (snuggle) session before bed where we sit and rock for a minute in her dark room. I love this little ritual but daddy feels quite left out. Thankfully if I am not present, she goes to bed just fine without it.
- Reagan still loves her accessories and getting all dressed up
- Reagan has started saying prayers and is so sweet to listen to as she repeats what we say
- She has started getting into trouble recently and has joined the ranks of kids that go to time out. Unfortunately, she also thinks this is hilarious and although she sits in her spot (on the bed in the guest room) she doesn't look too put out about it (You would think Colin were being tortured. When she is done, she walks right out of there calmly and says her required apologies without any fuss. It is almost a pleasant experience! Of course, when Colin is in timeout, she usually ends up joining him for fun and vice versa.
- These kids love each other so much! Reagan has started calling Colin "My Cah-gah!"
- Reagan still wears a diaper ("bapper") but she recognizes when she is "Nee-Nee" (stinky) and when she is "wet!" because she "peet!"
- Just like her brother, she loves to read books ("buht") and especially loves her dinosaur books (How Does a Dinosaur...)
- Reagan LOVES art! For her birthday we gave her lots of fun art supplies inside an adorable black and pink polka dot suitcase. She loves to "co-wher" (color).
- Reagan is still learning her animals and sounds and for some reason even though she knows what they are, she calls most of them cows! A horse is never a horse, mind you, but always a cow!
- Reagan loves it when we jump out and spook her and will say "Kare me!" (scare me)
- On the other hand, she is afraid of one thing right now - shadows! One day she saw hers and Colin's shadows under the jumpoline and was afraid, and ever since then we have been working with her to see that they aren't scary. One day while facetiming with my mom she noticed her shadow ("kared!"), and so I had my mom make shadow puppets to show how silly they can be. Since then, she notices them but doesn't cling to me and cry "kared" like she did.
I cannot even express how much we love this little girl. She brings such joy into our life and we adore her to pieces! She is brave and silly and so charming! Her laugh can make your day brighter and her tears can bring you to tears too. Stop growing, Reagan! I can't have my little baby growing up so fast!
What happens when daddy tries to hold her for a picture! Ha!







No comments:
Post a Comment