Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A December to Remember

To be honest, I wasn't sure if we would put up Christmas decorations since we wouldn't be home for Christmas. BUT, Colin started talking about putting up the Christmas tree and how excited he was for Christmas lights and we couldn't refuse! Plus, I just needed a little push to get started and these kids were such a cute push!

We had so much fun putting up all of our decorations together! The kids were pretty helpful and felt an ownership with the tree since they did so much to get it all gussied up.




I captured this one night as I was making dinner...isn't it a scene of perfection?

Very good friends had given Kevin and me tickets to see the Nutcracker. Unfortunately, Colin threw up all over me that morning, so Kevin was sweet enough to offer to stay home with him so I could go with my good friend Cindy.

As part of the event, there was a sweets and treats reception with the most amazing hot chocolate bar ever! We even got to take pictures with the stars!
Everything about the event was so amazing, The show was magical, the seats were fantastic, and enjoying it all with my best buddy was even better.  

My mom makes pies a little bigger than normal! She uses sheet cakes to make the most delicious pies with a much better crust to pie filling ratio.  Seriously, make a pie in a cookie sheet and you will have the most magical combination of crust and filling.  HOWEVER, I have never actually made one myself! So, I gave it a go in a half sheet cake size pan and it turned out amazing! Drop a generous dollop of real whipped cream on there and you are golden!

Reagan helped me lick off the whipped cream spatula :)

The Mary Kay office building was all decorated for Christmas with a huge tree, garland, and this little reindeer!

Even though our Arboretum pass expired, we sqeezed in one more trip using a friend's to see the Twelve Days of Christmas.  These two weren't that impressed (I was!) but loved playing in their "secret adventure spot." 



1 comment:

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

I'll play the role of "Kevin" any time!!