What a month!
Even through the heat of summer, we managed to stay super busy!
Here's what we did last month:
Successful trip to the "boat store" (Bass Pro Shop) to play on the boats, check out the fish and the turtles and to shoot! Dad was the best shot, but after he corrected which eye I was closing while aiming (amazingly enough I was trying to close the wrong one!) I did pretty well myself!
I feel like so many of the pictures we have of Reagan are of her eating and making a mess, but they are just so cute! Seen here eating Daddy's chocolate chip cookies!
Daddy bought Miss Reagy some goggles that make her look like an alien.
We were sitting down to watch a show and they looked so cute I wanted to snap a picture:
but then I was just in the way!
One Saturday, we met up with several other families to hit Ham's Orchards for some fresh peaches, peach ice cream, peach cobbler, and some awesome BBQ!
Again with the eating shots! This is post-bath and right before bed!
Reagan was invited to her first Princess Party, complete with make-up, etiquette lessons, story time, and Queen Elsa from Frozen!
These girls were so adorable!
Reagan is in such a fun stage right now! I love this picture and her concentration on stacking the wood chips! I can just hear her saying "these wood chips aren't going to stack themselves, people!"
I just love being able to stay home with these kids!
They sure love to fly!
For whatever reason, Colin feels the need to hold the handle while driving these days and even falls asleep like that!
One morning while I was brushing Colin's teeth, he started throwing up. Since he is rarely sick, that was strange enough but then he started to vomit blood. I rushed him to his pediatrician and after finding some strange bruising on his stomach, they recommended that I take him to the ER at Children's Hospital for additional testing. Colin did amazing and the staff couldn't have been nicer. Thankfully, all his blood work came normal and they determined that the bruising on his stomach was from vomiting so violently while leaning against the counter into the sink. The blood in his vomit was from a cut on the back of his esophagus. We are so grateful that it turned out to be nothing!!
This girl is so feisty! I just love her little attitude and her love for clothes, accessories, and new shoes! She is wearing her "new" shoes from the clothing swap at church!
The Qualls have an annual backyard carnival right before the first day of school. This was the first year that Reagan could participate and she had a blast!
The night before the kids and I left for California, we went to Shenaniganz for some bowling, dinner, go-karts, and arcade games! Such a fun family night!
For the Record
Reagan at 22 Months
-people vocab: mah-Mee (mommy), dah-Dee (daddy), Ka-gah (Colin), Nana, Papa, dah-Gee (doggy), Tee-See (Stacie), gum-pa (grandpa), bee-bee (baby)
-body parts: tin (chin), no (nose), tee (teeth), ah-yee (eye), chee (cheek), han-duh (hand), to-wah (toe)
-food: guh-Kee (cookie), kay (cake), nee-Nee (drink), kah-koh (cracker), chee (cheese), mah-mah (m&m's/candy),
-other: yah (yes), noo/no (no), mow (more), doo (door), poo (purse), kah (car), teen-kee (stinky diaper), ow-ee (owie)
-Reagan is such a funny little mimic! She does everything that Colin does (for better or for worse!) and loves being with him, even if that means following him into time out!
-She throws the most adorable "baby tantrums" and hates not getting her way.
-Reagan is a girly girl! Shoes, necklaces, high heals, purses, chap stick - she is one going on 16!
-Reagan loves playing rough house with daddy and being dropped on the couch and tickled!
-Because Reagan is so incredibly tall for her age, she is rather uncoordinated and is constantly falling, hitting her head, running into things, etc - the poor girl is covered in bruises!
-Reagan loves to walk away from me and look back at me with the most adorable and mischievous smile. Of course, this often leads to her running into things!
-She loves to run with her arms behind her like wings and her torso leaning forward - again, this puts her off balance and leads to more boo-boos!
-She demands to have her hand held while walking down the stairs. In fact, she will stand and wait for you with her hand held out announcing "han-duh!" Cue baby tantrum should you decline her escort!
-When we play hide-and-seek, she closes her eyes and pretends to count! "Two, two, two..."
-She folds her arms for prayers by putting one hand on her opposite elbow and then generally halfway through the prayer she switches to hold her hand together.
-She has the sweetest smile and laugh! If you look at her, she loves to squish up her face in her mock-bashful look.
Colin
-This boy is getting smarter everyday! He loves to learn and asks me all the time how to make different things like macaroni & cheese, applesauce, pizza, candy, etc.
-He loves testing the limits and asking questions. While he is capable of asking a "why" question, he still cannot answer one!
-Colin is still very tender and loves to snuggle. He is pretty attached right now and is having trouble going to Sunbeams at church and school.
-He loves to play! I love hearing the little conversations he has with his toys and the songs he makes up while he's playing. My favorite starts "I am a little boy..."
-We love to have family dance parties! Colin is getting some mad moves!
-He is incredibly sweet and complimentary! He tells me that he loves me at least 20 times a day and enjoys making the sign language sign for "I love you" as well.
-He has a ridiculous memory! He can remember the most inconsequential details from things that happened a year ago!
-He still loves movies and TV shows! His favorites are Doc McStuffins, Paw Patrol, Team Umizoomi, Little Einsteins, Micky Mouse Clubhouse, and Bubble Guppies.
-If left to his own devices, his underwear would be perpetually inside out and backwards and his shoes would always be on the wrong feet.
-I love it when he tries out new vocabulary. "Actually,..."
-Colin is still quite the class clown and will do almost anything for a laugh: fall down, throw himself against a wall, say inane things that other kids seem to love, etc
-He loves to play games! One of his favorites is hide-and-seek. His favorite place to hide? Wherever mom or dad just hid! Of course, he likes to announce his hiding spot if he can hear the seeker in the same room.
-Kevin: Colin! Why are you naked??
Colin: Because I took my clothes off!
-Colin: Mom, you're the best at making things!
-Colin: Mom, why is your hair all crazy? (when I curl my hair)
-Colin: Mom, you have an owie on your face (points to my pimple)
Mom: Thanks, buddy...
- Mom: Colin! That's not very nice!
Colin: No, but it's very funny!
-Mom: Colin, what's wrong buddy?
Colin: I'm just a little sad because I miss daddy.
-Colin: I just want to snuggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment