Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, March 26, 2012

New Comebacks

So Kevin and I were out the other day with Colin and were asked where he gets his red hair.  I get asked this question almost every time we go out and I always say something to the effect of Kevin being Irish, blah, blah, blah, very boring.  

Well, Kevin and I were laughing about it and decided to come up with a better "comeback," if you will.  Something funny/shocking/mocking etc that, as Kevin says, we can have in our holster when we are asked about the origins of the old-lady-attracting red hair.

Here is what we came up with:

  • Oh, he's adopted, so... 
  • They didn't tell me at the hospital it was red!  Those lying sons of guns!  I'm colorblind and they said it was brown when he was born! Now what am I going to do with him?   
  • Well, we didn't think he was getting enough attention at the grocery store with brown hair so we decided to dye it red!
  • Red hair? (look at Colin and looked shocked) This isn't my kid!
  • (act indignant) That isn't any of your business! 
  • His father is actually a leprechaun.
  • Huh, I guess you're right!  It is red.  I never really noticed before...
  • I guess he's been eating too many carrots lately!
  • That's just what happens when two people get drunk on St. Patrick's Day!

Do you have any to add?  The last is my personal favorite!

3 comments:

Wilkerson Weekly said...

I like, "Red hair? Oops. This isn't our kid!"

Ha Ha Ha

Nicole said...

hahahaha Those are SO good!!!

We get asked the same question about Courtney and her blonde hair - Ryan decided that he should start telling people in a very serious sad voice - well her biological dad had blonde hair. Let them be uncomfortable.

Artis said...

I was getting my nails done today and telling Vickie, who's youngest daughter has very red hair, about your post. She thought the last one on your list was hilarious and said to pass along a couple of her own suggestions.

1) We're having DNA tests run, but they aren't back yet

2) Less than 7% of the world's population has red hair so we think it makes him extra special
(according to Vickie that is a true fact)