Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, December 5, 2011

REALLY?

The other day I was out Christmas shopping at the mall...well, I guess I shouldn't lie.  I was actually using the excuse of having family pictures to buy myself a new pair of riding boots and skinny jeans (my first pair!!).  Merry early Christmas to me :)

Anyway, while I was waiting for the sales person to bring me my size 9.5 pair of boots, another sales person came up and was checking out Colin.



Shoe Girl:     (slightly amused and disgusted) Oh, well look at him!  He's orange all over!  His face is orange and his hair is orange!  What are you going to DO with him?

Me:     Well, now that you mention it, we are going to drown him like some unwanted puppy, that's what we are going to do with him.

Shoe Girl:     Uhhh...(she realizes she is an idiot and walks away)


Okay, so that was not my real response...I thought of that later.  What I really said was, "Yeah, he has red hair."

Lame, I know.

But really?  What is with people!!    

4 comments:

Cindy said...

You should have told her, I've learned my lesson, next time I'm going to take him to a different tanning salon. Thanks to people like you I've realized that this time the color came out too orange and no thanks to the shoddy workmanship at the salon even his hair turned orange. He's so young and wiggly it's hard for him to stand still during a procedure like that but it's no excuse for a job poorly done!

It's all about appearance, right? Don't worry it's my top priority to "DO" something about it. I'm going to give MY BABY a full make over tonight. A new spray tan and some hair dye coupled with an Ed Hardy shirt and jeans will do the trick.

Oh, I'm sorry, did that sound ridiculous? Cause what you said sounded pretty stupid to me too. :D

Sorry.... There's the line and I think Cindy just stepped over it.

Crawford Family said...

Oh my gosh!! Can you believe the nerve of some people. Don't worry after another few cuties the strength to hold back biting responses disappears and then the fun begins when they are the one stuttering and stumbling over their response ha!

Dani said...

I recently bought my pair of Jeans, too! Very comfortable and awesome. I told my whole family about the old lady you shocked, and we all had a good laugh. I'm glad you didn't say you were going to drown your baby--the girl might have taken it the wrong way.

Janene said...

There are so many things people say, expecting an answer, when none is really necessary, like, "Wow, what red hair!" or "Your hair is so long!" or "That's a bright shirt you're wearing!" Well, they're not giving me a compliment, they're just stating the obvious. It's another thing to say "His red hair is so gorgeous!" Then you can respond, "Thank you."

Anyway, I enjoyed your little story.