Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, January 4, 2010

Thanksgiving


This post is obviously late...oh well...

With so many things going on this fall, Kevin and I thought it would be best to not add a flight home for Thanksgiving, and opted instead for a last minute drive to Florida to spend the holiday with my military brother, Steve, and his adorable wife, Tracy, and our only (for now) nephew, Cody.

It was a lot of fun to see Steve's place for the first time (just a 5 minute walk from the beach!) and to have some much needed hang out time.

Steve and Kevin enjoyed playing video games...
and Cody just wanted to be one of the boys!
(notice how focused Kevin and Steve are - they were working very hard to beat something or other....)

Cody just bonding with Kevin

Christmas picture time!
(I have to admit, I was really proud of how cute these turned out...to my photographer friends, please don't judge me!

Not the most flattering picture...oh well

In Destin, just 20 or so minutes away, there is a really cool restaurant called McGuire's. It is a cool Irish pub that has not only good atmosphere, but awesome food as well.
Their "shtik" is for people to leave a dollar decorated with whatever the person wants and then the dollar is stapled on the ceiling and around the restaurant.
Supposedly, there are over 600,000 dollars bills around the restaurant...so we decided to add our own! (Can you pick ours out?)
It was a really great trip - thanks for having us, Steve and Tracy!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I am also not a photographer so maybe I wouldn't know but I thought the photos looked fantastic. What a fun Thanksgiving. A warm beach is sounding really good right now.

Crawford Family said...

Leslie they look awesome!!! I can't wait until you post pictures of your trip down to visit us--- you BETTER come visit us we miss ya'll so much. Do you guys want to skype some evening?