Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, March 31, 2008

Our New Love - Guitar Hero!!!

When Kevin and I were home for Christmas, we were introduced to Guitar Hero, but little did we know that just months later we would be the proud owners of our newest favoritist game in the whole wide world!!! Seriously, Kevin and I are the lamest people in the world - we stand in our living room holding plastic guitars that we decorated with the cool rocker stickers that came with the game and play songs by pushing 5 colored buttons while notes stream forward on the TV screen...and we love it! I feel super lame, but at the same time it is so much fun! I have never really been into video games before (mostly because I am super incompetent when it comes to those stinkin controlers!) but can actually play guitar hero and have fun (unlike playing first person shooter games where Kevin just kills me over and over again!).

Part of the game is forming a band and performing without getting booed off the stage and right now Kevin and I are playing on Hard and Medium respectively. Yes, I have actually spent enough time playing to advance from easy to medium (and yes, Kevin has actually spent enough time to advance to hard!). Hopefully Kevin's grades don't suffer because he is seriously getting good at this game!


Kevin's rockin' out!

See how cool my guitar is!

Just in case you've never seen what it looks like :)

This is an invitation for all of you to come over and play with us and feel like a real rocker! I promise you'll love it and after a couple of songs you'll get the hang of it!

2 comments:

Jessica and Reece said...

Ha! Reece and I really want to get that game for our Wii, but we are scared we won't get anything else done if we actually make the purchase :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, what are your gamertags? Even if you don't go on Live (which we don't either) we can still be "friends" through our Xboxes :) Doesn't that sound pathetic?!? PS--Mike and I LOVE Guitar Hero!!! You should try out Rock Band; just like GH but even cooler with a mic and drums! Yes, I've become a giant video game nerd since working at a video game company. I'll openly admit it. Love you cuz!