Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Taking cue from many of you, I decided to take pictures of everyday things around my apartment to post and to show you...and what is better than V-day decorations? I love holidays and always decorate our apartment for the appropriate season...but I never have to buy my decorations because my wonderful mother sends me a package full of fun things for every decoration-worthy holiday (thanks, mom!). So, here we go!

A cute pink platter with heart shaped sparkling candles and yummy raspberry kisses.


Harry the Wild Thing came to our little family on our first married Valetine's Day and has been with us ever since - he has survived a couple of moves already and hopes to see a few more in the future!

I love teddy bears!



Now, I apologize if this piece offends any of my blog visitors, but it is dear to my heart! At BYU I was a humanities major and this is a miniture version of my favorite statue that I studied - The Kiss by Rodin. I think I told Kevin early in our marriage that I loved the piece and on my last birthday he surprised me with this marble masterpiece! It is such a beautiful statue!

My husband is such a wonderful man! He started our Valenine's Day celebration a little early this year as he surprised me with roses in my office today - it turns out that flower delivery is $10 cheaper the day before Valentine's Day so Kevin had them delivered today. Some may find that cheap, but I don't! I now get to enjoy my flowers all V-day long!

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful Vday too! I love you Kevin!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yippee! I'm so glad you're a blogger now! I can't believe Kevin finally went for it! Didn't he make fun of me for having one??? Hope you guys are doing well! We miss you!

Nora said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that statue. takes my breath away. man, we should stick one of those in our room for inspiration...