Kevin has been great about all of this - he's been sensitive and patient (well, as patient as Kevin gets, that is) and has tried to draw me out. Well, nothing perks up a girl's mood like a present...a really BIG present.
Yesterday, while I was napping after work, Kevin went to the grocery store for me. And do you know what he brought back for me? A Dyson. He bought me a Dyson vacuum cleaner, the one I have been coveting for a loooooonnnnnngggg time - the big one with the ball, otherwise known as the DC25.

I cried. If you know anything about Kevin, you know that he is NOT prone to making big, expensive gestures like this. I won't call him cheap - just very frugal and very aware of our finances at all times (I can't sneak ANYTHING by him!).
Some of you may be thinking about how it looks for a man to give his wife a VACUUM, of all things (think Father of the Bride when Bryan MacKenzie gives his fiancee Annie Banks a blender and she freaks out and almost calls off the wedding), and the message it sends ("get back in the kitchen wench and don't come out until my dinner is ready!"), but I am stoked!

Kevin promised me (what I assumed was a pie crust promise - easily made, easily broken) that when we got a house, he would also get me a Dyson and then my happiness would be complete. Well, he has kept his promise and has made me the happiest girl ever! I can't wait to banish our old vacuum to the upstairs! I've hated it ever since we bought it and it broke so that the only way to turn the blasted thing off was to pull the plug out of the socket.
Thank you, Kevin! You're the best husband EVER!
7 comments:
What a good hubby! Let us know how it works! It looks like it's amazing!
PS: I love your last question. My answer... VERY sexy! haha!
Leslie, you crack me up with your sexy ball vacuum. Let me know how you like it because we are in the market for a vacuum that actually sucks. I wonder what that would be like....I think I might cry if I got one too. Then I wouldn't have to vacuum and then crawl around on the floor picking up every little crumb with my fingers...I actually haven't figured out why I still bring my vacuum out. I think I am hoping that one day it will magically work...
Congratulations on the completion of your happiness! Lucky girl.
Congratulations! I've been wanting one also and have been tryingn to talk Ryan into getting one.
I love that you actually cried when you saw the vacuum.
I love that part of Father of the Bride! I remember my best friend saying that cleaning supplies (such as a vacuum) would NEVER count as a gift. Gifts should never be necessities she says, but I'm with you. If you really, REALLY want it and you get it, it's a gift. What I covet someday is a steam shark. Is that what they're called? Oh, to get dirt out of grout without being on my hands and knees. Someday....
I totally think of the blender scene on Father of the Bride EVERY TIME a woman gets a household product as a gift. Congrats on the new vacuum. What a sweet hubby.
Post a Comment