Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's Official!

No, Kevin and I aren't having a baby...but we are officially moving to Dallas! After much deliberation, Kevin has decided to officially accept his offer at the first law firm he worked for this summer - Gibson, Dunn, and Crutcher LLP. To those outside the law school world, this may seem a bit premature considering he won't graduate until May, but thankfully the job search process is finished and we can now start looking for an apartment.

I've had a few people ask what will happen after graduation, so to those curious about our plans in the near future, let me give you a quick run through: Kevin will graduate from The College of William and Mary School of Law in May 2009, we will move to an apartment in Dallas soon thereafter and Kevin will begin studying for the bar, Kevin will take the bar in late July, and then we will spend the month of August travelling and enjoying a little bit of freedom before he starts work next September . We are planning on saving up for a year or so to buy a house, so hopefully by fall 2010 we will be homeowners!

Kevin and I feel very blessed and are thrilled about the firm...we couldn't be more excited, but it comes with mixed emotions as well. We absolutely love Williamsburg and the friends we have made here - it will be very difficult to leave and it makes me want to cry when I think about it! Sadly, the time will come when Kevin and I pack up our little apartment and move west, but thankfully, through emailing, visiting, calling, and especially blogging I hope that we can all stay in touch!

2 comments:

Andrea and Greg said...

We can't wait to see you guys!! I'm here in Houston, but I definiteyl think Dallas is the better choice :)

Karen said...

Yay! What date is the graduation? We want to fly out there for it. Maybe I will have to come with Kate and leave Mike behind if his school isn't over yet... but we're planning on it!