Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fourth of July 2008

Yippee...I got to spend the 4th of July with Kevin! I love the 4th of July and it seems that every year Kevin and I spend it apart, but not this year! No…I was NOT going to watch the fireworks alone again this year! I flew all the way to Houston to make sure of it!

Kevin and I started the day by making muddy buddies (Chex cereal covered in melted chocolate/peanut butter and coated in powdered sugar…also known as puppy chow...family tradition), finally seeing Indiana Jones, and then heading to the Woodlands in north Houston to watch the fireworks. The venue was perfect…shops, restaurants, and a river walk…very romantic. Despite the several mishaps we had including a ridiculously long walk to and from the parking lot, a fight (who doesn't fight on holidays!), a restaurant that could NOT get my order right after several tries, and fireworks that were hidden behind a building, Kevin and I had a wonderful 4th of July. I am so glad that we could be together this year!

Finally eating after a long day!

The beautiful river walk

No comments: